Before taking courses, all graduate students of USTC shall select courses online on YJS platform (http://yjs.ustc.edu.cn), Please pay attention to the following issues before logging into YJS platform:
1. Logging in YJS platform supports two ways: USTC CAS (Central Authorization Service) and Platform Login. If you own an USTC CAS account, you can log in with USTC CAS account and password; if not, please use the platform login entrance by using your student ID and your password.
2. The course selection is only limited to the postgraduate courses offered for 2021 Fall Semester, classes of which will start from September 13 (the second week of 2021 Fall Semester). The specific schedule is as follows:
(1) Course selection starts on July 26th at 15:00
(2) Course selection & withdrawal ends on September 27th at 9:00
(3) Sortition of courses: from September 10th 14:00 to September 10th 17:00 (The sortition will be done automatically by the system, during which it is not allowed to choose or withdraw courses.)
3. Graduate students can select no more than a total of 23 credits for each semester. The course selection should be conducted with caution, as it cannot be changed once completed. Within three weeks of the beginning of a course, students who need to withdraw the course shall fill in the Graduate Student Course Withdrawal Form (which you can download from the website of Graduate School), approved by the supervisor and head of school/department and then go to the course’s department to handle the relevant procedures. Three weeks after the beginning of a course, graduate students are not allowed to withdraw it for reasons such as heavy research workload, difficulty in taking the course, being sent on business travel or course conflicts, etc.
Students who have completed the course selection procedures shall attend all aspects of the course. Those who fail to attend the course or the exam without special reason will be treated as absenteeism.
4. As there are more than one campus and some campuses are separated with distance, please pay attention to the traffic issue among campuses before selecting courses. Students who live in Suzhou Institute for Advanced Research and other research institutes, are recommended to select courses of their own institutes. Students who live in the main campus are suggested not to choose courses from Suzhou Institute for Advanced Research and other research institutes neither. It is best to complete the same half-day course in the same campus. If you choose courses taught in other campuses than where you live, please leave enough time for transportation. The East Campus, West Campus, North Campus and Central Campus are relatively close to each other, while Institute of Advanced Technology is relatively close to the campus in New & High Technology Industrial Development Zone.
5. Due to limited teaching resources, in order to guarantee the normal teaching order, some departments cannot accept course selection from students of other schools/ departments (including visiting scholar) for the time being.
6. The course selection system supports the mutual selection between postgraduate courses and undergraduate courses. Graduate student who would like to choose a certain undergraduate course shall submit a proposal to the undergraduate teaching office of the course’s department and the course can be opened if the conditions allow it.
7. If you encounter any problem in logging in YJS platform or Course selection policies, please consult the Academic Affairs Office of Graduate School (Tel:63607533).